How to make money through icon selling?
Have you ever thought about selling your icons online?
Are you trying to find the best platforms or marketplaces for icon selling?
We would be more than happy to walk you through this.
Because our research team has gathered some of the best platforms for icon selling that too with great ease.
Note to Icon Creators/designers.
Some like creating icons for passion, but what if there was a way to trade the same and make money via selling those smart icons of yours online via icon selling sites, do you like the idea behind it?
Then stay tuned, and by the end of this article, you should be able to fixate on how and what you need to do, to ensure for progressive icon selling.
Freeicons: Upload and sell icons at a very fast rate
As a designer, it is great to be passionate about the creation and designing of the icons, but wouldn't it be even better, if you could sell the same directly to the customers and earn some good money from it?
Let me quickly take you through a few pointers that will assist you in the best possible ways of selling them online and the things to remember whilst you try to do the same to get better results.
Our research team has come up with a list of marketplaces that might be apt for selling your icons.
Let's begin with some “Honourable Mentions” of marketplaces for selling icons
Of all the icon selling sites, these are the honourable mentions that you can go about trying your luck:
- Freeicons: pays you a flat 80% for icon selling.
- Flaticon: pays you a flat 70% for icon selling.
- Iconfinder: pays you a flat 70% for icon selling.
- The Noun Project: 40% for subscriptions, and $1.20/ for individually selling icons.
- Icon 8: pays you a flat (%) for selling icons.
- Icon scout: pays you (%) for selling icons.
- CreativeMarket: you get a 70% for icon selling, whilst you get to choose the selling icon price as well.
Things to remember: (while icon selling)
- Your artwork is precious, so make sure it goes for the right selling price.
- Selling icons directly to the client is always the best option.
- Find a website that will work as a platform for you to do the deal with the customer for icon selling.
- Try and avoid resellers as they might take a large bite from your catch.
- Choose a platform that will help you in finding the customers along with marketing your product.
How it works at Freeicons or what Freeicons can do for you:
- A platform for designers to freely upload and sell icons.
- The designers can choose the icon selling price structure as well.
- Freeicons help you find the right customers for icon selling.
- Freeicons is the only platform that even goes about paying the designers daily for uploading their icons that are free on the Freeicons website (when downloaded by the customer).
- Unlike other websites that don't pay the designer for the free downloads done by the customers.
- No reselling of our icons anywhere else other than at Freeicons.
- The best platform created for selling and marketing the icons with 70 to 80% customers both individual and from MNC’s of international level.
- We try to earn from our website and reinvest into the same without bringing in any intermediaries between the buyer and the icon designers because that's how the designers will be able to earn more in terms of revenue from the buyers as well.
Simple ways to try for icon selling:
- “Your friends and contacts can help you out by promoting your icons”.
- “Shout out loud from the rooftop of those social media that you use”.
- “Try to promote your icon selling through word of mouth”.
- Try creating few flyers and giving away at the restaurant or stores near you in your own sweet time later.
Even better ways for icon selling:
- Try creating a website of your own for icon selling.
- Let the page created be simple yet smart for the customers to choose, pay and download.
- Add on a payment solution for hassle-free transaction experience for the customers.
- Ensure that your name or your icon pack name comes up when people search for icon PNG on Google.
Why we need to keep resellers (icon selling site) away from our icons:
- For all we know, they don't care about our artwork, all they would focus on is getting our icons uploaded onto their website.
- Having the customers browsing through their site endlessly and navigating through their page etc.
- Resellers or icon selling sites aren't passionate about the selling of icons.
- Resellers or icon selling sites focus mainly on the ads placed on their website instead on the selling of icons.
What we need is:
We need to find a team that is passionate about this artwork of ours and who will be more than happy to discuss the challenges faced if any, by the designers, or by providing the essential tools that the designers may require to get a said work done or so.
The whole idea here is to create ample opportunity for the designers to go about selling their icons lavishly to the customers without any mediators between them.
Also, a platform for the customers to have bespoke icons as per their needs through our creative designers, who will be more than happy to assist our valuable customers with their requirements.
When technology holds hand with image-based means of communication, it opens a new door to the creation of a social language that can be read by the whole world (a.k.a. Icons).
And you (designer) get to become a part of visual communication, which is not only incredible by itself but also creates a path to remove language barriers and deliver precise information effortlessly and with ease.
And you will be able to make some good money out of it by selling icons as well.